Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Art as Medicine - Loon Lit

"Loon Lit" Copyright don wright 2010

I gave this medicine painting to a person who has been shut in for 20 years. Imagine, 20 years in the confinement of ones home. I wanted her to experience the outdoors from the comfort of her home. I wanted her to have this medicine, in hopes that it would brighten her day and lift her spirits. The call of the loon, the promise of the rainbow and the creators provisions are all gifts that are best shared. I hope this brings some peace and joy to Susan as she battles with confinement. May Peace, Joy and Contentment beyond circumstance, be forever yours.



3 comments:

  1. Ok this one i like a lot. I like loons they're the things that make that haunting sound.

    I hope your pain subsides soon and gives you a bit of respite.

    Brr...enda - it's flippin cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have loons up in scotland. They are a relative of our common loon. Check this out. Maybe someday you will go and hear them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpvTuMiJq1E

    its minus 12 here today and it hit minus 30 the other night. Winter is here!

    sending you warm blessings of friendship
    dw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Happy New Year.

    keep mixing it up

    H

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!