Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, December 05, 2011

The Devils Face on Manitou

Alex showed me an illustration of "Devils Face" by Hap Wilson
and explained where I could find the subject.
On the way home, I located and I took pictures.

Image Copyright Hap Wilson

Manitou (Devil's) Lake: 
was so named for the naturally carved face on a cliff 
located about a third of the way up the lake on the east side
(across from the government campsite)



Here is the rock face as seen from the crown campsite on Lake Manitou.


A little zoom and the image appears.


It actually reminds me of a dog...a boxer to be specific.


Devils Face

Hap Wilson is a guide, canoe expert, artist, writer and photographer. 
He is very respected in the Temagami region and beyond.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!