Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just a Bird Thank You


Here is Niijii mimicking air waves. Notice at 7 seconds he is startled and says "what are you doing?" I was approaching him with my finger. When startled he often says this and he also says thankyou. The more stratled he is, the louder and more abrupt the THANKYOU!

I have often wondered what thoughts are attached to his words. Does he have enough brain power? In the wild they cheep and chirp and warble and that must mean something to them. If he spoke budgie, that would be communication. But since he was hand reared and hangs with humans, he has had to alter his words/song to fit in. I think he is social and wants badly to communicate and be with others. Sue reminded me that I am playing head games with a bird that has a brain the size of a pea!

Anyways, he is seeking to be part of community and he is doing a better job communicating than the jerk down the road...haha.







1 comment:

Go ahead....Make my day!