Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Last Ice

I was laughing because this is my "last" ice fishing of the season.
The opportunity arose for one more kick at the can and I jumped on it!

We took our snowmobiles and gear for a ride into the bush to a lake I have been wanting to see.
It is quite remote.

We drove by sled to the lake, but found there was not enough to actually get there.
We had to hike in the last couple Km.
 
We caught a few lakers like this.

On the last day, it was really warm and the ice was disappearing before our eyes.

We had a shore fire under a tree during the rain and for cooking and staying "dry"

We hiked out and made our way back to the snowmobiles

Smoke Break on the trail. 
Walking the lake was tiresome as each step broke through a 6 inch layer of ice and water.

Open jacket, sunglasses and 20C degree weather..unbeleivable.

Moose Tracks. I saw 2 Pileated Woodpeckers,
2 Bald Eagles and 1 big Lynx

"hwy" 805 and the last dying snow.
The trail was open rock in spots and we had to make several water crossings.
Things can really change in a couple of days.
I got home and the ice was off the Sturgeon River!
2 days is all it took. 
Only a few days prior, I was standing on 2 feet of ice!
wOw

I can safely say that ice fishing is officially over now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!