Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bumble Bee - Face Your Fears

"Bumble Bee" copyright don wright 2012

As my daughter was looking through my doodle book, she stopped and laughed. Awwwwww, look at the cute little bumble bee. We laughed together. Mission accomplished. My silly little doodle had the power to cause joy....and reflection. I saw her reach out to touch the bumble bee and hesitate.

Bumble bees always scared the shit out of me. I can remember so many bumble bee stories. They were mean and viscous. They had the power to inflict both fear and pain. I have run from many bumble bees. The truth is, you cant out run a bee! I ran so hard and so fast that I fell and skinned my face. I had scabs for weeks as a souvenir of my fear.

I watched a gardening show. The gardener said....now dont do this at home folks....She reached down and stroked the hair on the back of a feeding bumble bee. That bee felt no threat. That bee continued to feed in the flower, while she fondled and spoke to this little insect with so much love and power. I decided then and there, that I would not fear the bee. I will love the bee and be grateful for its existence.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!