Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, November 02, 2012

Transformation - Electronic Art

"transformation" copyright don wright 2012

Is there a place for electronics in art? I cringed the first time I heard a drum machine, yet began to groove as I accepted the sound. I began to use the drum machine and midi sounds to create new sounds and serve as inspiration. Now we hear what electronics can do and many of us dont even realize it. Go to a recording studio and see, I should say hear for yourself. The computer is a valuable and acceptable tool in music.

How about art? Somehow I can't help but fear there is something disingenuous about using a graphics program to create art. Yet, digitization has proven to be an excellent tool for reproducing and correcting. Posters, pictures, reproductions have all been touched by graphics programs.

I took a simple "man changes into thunderbird" doodle and I scanned the picture, and used a variety of programs to manipulate the digital data. Above is the result. The piece studies creation and transformation.

I am astounded at how mathematics and fractal equations play so heavily in creation. What is seemingly chaotic is actually very well organized and can be explained through mathematical equations. Patterns repeat themselves over and over, each time changing minutely in order to reach equilibrium. There is a source, there is transformation and there is a divine destination. This pattern is being repeated over and over, from the big bang until the end of time. It becomes relevant to us as we transform to the likeness of the creator; perfect and complete.


"digital transformation of butterflies and medicine"
copyright don wright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!