Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, September 09, 2005

Show Me Your Glory?

I've been singing this Third Day Song in my head.
"Show me your glory, shine down your presence, I want to see your face"
I got to thinking about this rather bold request.

When I think about this I ask my self......
Who am I to request this of God?
I keep thinking back to the day when a glimpse of God would bring immediate death.
God is so Holy that I fear that if He ever showed me His glory
or if I ever even saw His face, I would not be able to handle it.

Maybe this is why I love Jesus so much.
I picture myself grabbing onto Jesus' pantleg with every last effort.
Only then could I even peek at God.
I am afraid that without Jesus, His glory and presence might bring me certain death.

Now if Jesus is God, why is it that I would run to Jesus, while running from God?
Why am I so afraid of God, yet not afraid of Jesus?

A freind of mine explained to me the 3 fold nature of God with this example:

H2O exists in 3 states.
Water is water in natural state.
When frozen it is ice.
When boiled it is steam.
It is always water, regardless of its state.

Now thats nice....but it doesnt explain why I fear God so much!
I'm not sure if I should be singing that song in case I get my wish!

dw

1 comment:

Go ahead....Make my day!