Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, October 19, 2005

sssshhh dont tell my prof!

So one of our assignments was to read the entire OT. I have basically a month or two to do it. I just read it a few years ago and it took me the full year. So it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that I'm in trouble here. Especially since I am a poor reader with not much time.
So.........
I went to the christian bookstore and picked up the Bible on CD.......WOW!
64 cd's!!!!!!!!!!!!Its amazing.

You see I spend about 2.5 hours a day in my car. That means that if I listen to the CD's every day, I can actually make my goal.
I got the cd's today, and already I'm at Genesis 18.
This is so cool.
I now have my very own biblical narrator!
Prophets had scribes, scribes had pens, and the narrator reads it all to me! You have no idea how blessed I am!

So heres something that struck me.
I'm always looking for Jesus in the OT.
I find Him in the so many places.
Listening to Genesis, I found him again in this passage.

1 "Let US make man in our image" (at creation)

now heres one I hadnt seen (or heard) before

2 "come let US go down and confuse their language ( at Babel)

Now I'm sure some scholar will tell me these are not proof of Jesus existing at creation, even though John and others tell us it is so.

Its just that I've found myself saying "Jesus, is that you?"
There is this certain feeling of warmth and joy when you recognize a freind or loved one. When this feeling jumps from the page and brings peace to the heart, there has to be something there. I know that I can't physically see or touch Him, but when I read about Him and ponder that in my heart, I truly know that He is here.

dw

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat, Don. I don't know how I'm going to read the whole OT over the next two months. I just need to buckle down and start reading!
    Thanks for the new Study Bible. It's awesome. It's been a great help for my timeline. I was up until 2 AM working on it last night and I'm getting closer to being finished. On another positive note, I've memorized everyting I need to know for our quiz tonight, even the minor prophets (Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habukkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi).

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!