Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, November 12, 2005

A First!

Something really really cool happened to me. You are probably gonna laugh when I tell you. But here it goes.

A friend wrote a poem for me! Ya you heard it right...a poem. How cool is that! I know, you are thinking wow Don. Why would you get so excited about that? I'll tell you why. Here I am, 44 years old and never had any body write a poem for me. Its like some kind of imortalization or a grand tribute. I know its just a bunch of words that rhyme, but it means more than that. Its a bunch of words created and compiled from the thoughts and imagination of someone who cared about a situation I was in. Some day I'll have the guts to tell the whole world. Someday, I'll have the guts to even post the poem. I wish I had the guts to share it with you right now...but I dont.

The thing is, this person knows something about me that very few people know. This person dealt with this issue in a most fitting and appropriate way. With words from the heart, they gathered up the pain and the hurt that this issue has caused me, and seemed to make it all right. No they didnt condone or make excuses for my behaviour. They came beside me and with funny and understanding words helped make the pain go away.

I know you are thinking, Don you are a little passionate arnt you. Well I guess. You see the person who wrote this poem has a bunch of stuff of there own they need to deal with. They have their own issues. If any body deserved the poem, it was them.

I got to thinking that it is like one of the fruits of the spirit. A spirit that cries out for someone else, even when they themselves deserve the support. I know, dont read too much into it...it was just a poem. Well to me, it was more than a poem. It was a sign that I'm not alone. Even though I have to do this for myself.....I dont need to do this by myself. Thank you freind. Thank you for caring about me. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for making my day.

God was really pissed at us because we just wouldnt love Him and we wouldnt love each other. Its like every man for himself out there. Every body does as they see fit. When someone shares the burdon of someone else, I beleive God smiles with fondness and says...well done, my good and faithful servant. When we share each others burdons with kindness and humility, we help each other limp our way to the cross. We help each other limp towards a greater likeness of Jesus, a greater likeness of Him.

I will have victory some day. And I can assure you, it wont be on my own strength. For if I have to rely on myself, I'll be back in the pit.

Thank you God, for bringing this person into my life. We all thank you...sinners, tax collectors, weak and wounded alike. We thank You.
I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!