Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, November 26, 2005

Patience...is that all?

Here is an exerpt from a previous blog I wrote
on wanting patience NOW!...........................
"I was recounting the fruits of the spirit and
how that has really blessed me.

Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Goodness, Self Control, Faithfulness, Gentleness.........but wait a minute....where's Patience. I think God forgot to grant me patience"

So now I'm thinking....Self Control?
Thats another gift God neglected to give me.

So then I got to thinking.
I have many of the gifts...but not all.
Obvious questions or observations arise

1. Do the gifts come as a package deal or are they individually aquired?
2. Can we obtain the gifts or virtues on our own through hard work and practice?.
3. Are any of these gifts more important our rate higher than another?
4. Are any of these gifts or virtues here today, gone tommorrow and back the next day?
5. no more questions...yet (inside joke..because I think in 5's)

So I am going to ammend my prayer.
Lord please grant me patience NOW!
And Lord please also grant me self control
or I'm going to kick my cat
or eat an entire box of chocolates.

....there I go bargaining again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!