Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Pitfalls and Traps

Pitfalls, and Traps

There was once a guy that fell into a pit. The pit was OK for a while, but he decided he wanted out. He called and called but it seems the others in the pit didn’t want him to leave, and there didn’t seem to be anyone who heard his cries for help. So he waited.

One day a guy by the name of Emmanuel came by and offered to pull the guy out of the pit. It was a struggle, but eventually the guy found his freedom. Emmanuel offered to go to church with him and to help him. So the next day, the guy headed to church, using the only route he knew. I guess he forgot about the pit and he fell in again. This time he knew who to call to. He said Emmanuel, please help me, I’ve fallen in the pit again. So Emmanuel came and pulled him out. Emmanuel said, ya gotta stop falling in the pit.
The guy said, I know, I feel so stupid because I knew the pit was there, its just that I forgot, and before I knew it I was back in the hole. Emmanuel said that’s OK. Here is a roadmap. It will help you find a new route.

So the guy was quite excited that he had been saved again and that he now had a road map. He took a look at the road map and it seemed so confusing. He knew the old way, but that usually resulted in falling in the stupid pit. So he got wise. He said, I’m gonna take my old route, only this time as I go near the pit, I will walk around it. Well he did that, only as he got near the pit he could hear his old friends crying out for help. So he went to the pit to help. He reached down to help his friend, only his friend’s weight pulled him back in the pit.

Embarrassed by the situation, he began to call for Emmanuel again. Sure enough Emmanuel came to him and helped him out of the pit yet again. Emmanuel said, Buddy, why do you keep falling in the pit. You know you don’t like it in the pit. The guy said Emmanuel, I’ve fallen in the pit so many times I feel like I belong there. Every time I go to see you, somehow I end up here. Emmanuel said “but I even gave you a roadmap” The guy said, I know, I feel so stupid. Its just that I couldn’t understand the map. Emmanuel said the next time you try to read the map, give me a call. I know that map inside out. I can help you.

So the next day the man got up out of bed, called on Emmanuel and Emmanuel came. Emmanuel said lets walk together. I’ll show you how. You have fallen so many times in the pit, I just need to show you the other way. So Emmanuel showed him a new way. The guy was thrilled and really enjoyed the freedom.

They now go to church and sup together. They are best friends. Its been many years now since the guy fell in the pit and the guy just knows that he should never take his old route again.

dw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!