Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Alpha Begins in Acton at Leathertown Tavern

Its Tuesday night at 9:30pm. I have been doing some preps for the Alpha course that begins This Wednesday...Tommorrow! I just got off the phone with Tanya and we cant get over the response we have had. I dropped into Leathertown last night and had a nice talk with Tom regarding the food and preparations and stuff. He is also quite excited, but he doesnt really show it. He is going to serve an amazing meal! I had a laugh because I said to my friend Ron...Tom is such a great cook. I have enjoyed everything I have ever had. He said "Don, youve only ever ordered souvlaki and Greek Salad." Oh ya, thats funny everytime I go there I order the same thing. Well Ron is one to talk...He orders bacon and eggs every time he goes there. Oh except once. He saw how much I loved the souvlaki, he ordered it the next time he went. I told him to prepare for 25 people. At first we thought that would be an over estimation, but I'm beginning to think otherwise. Well, I'm going to pray and then go to bed.

Dear God
Thankyou for your Word and your very presence with us. Thank you Lord, that despite my flaws, my inadequacies and my stupidity, that You still love me and allow me to be your friend. Lord I pray now for those poeple who are coming to Leathertown on Wednesday to learn more about You. Lord I pray that You will be there with us. Lord I pray that You may join us as we eat together, as we watch videos about You, and as we discuss You. Lord tommorrow at Alpha we will explore about Jesus. Lord I pray that you would really make yourself known to us. Lord I pray for the Alpha host team. Lord I pray that we will be delightful hosts, and that our love for you will shine through our smiles and our warmness and welcoming spirits. Lord I pray that each and every person will be blessed by You, and Lord would You pave the way for every one to return the following week. Lord we have talked about how our only expectation is that You would be glorified. Lord though we want to reach people for Your name sake, we realize that it just wont work without You. so lord, would You take the place of honor at the head of our fellowship table tomorrow. Lord since it is our custom not to openly pray for the first few weeks, I want to just do that now. Thank you Lord for the bounties of this earth, your provissions for us, and in particular this good food.
amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!