Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Alpha Kickoff First Night Report

I am so encouraged! I feel like a million bucks! I am so grateful to God for leading such a wonderful group of people to us. I am thankful for the servant hearts of our team. I could rant and rave here for hours....so I think I will

We numbered 12 people in all. Hey where have you heard that number before! All indications are that they will all return. Each person has come to the table with business to do. I shouldnt use such anticeptic terms but I think you know what I mean. Ok, Let me rephrase this. Each person has come with a purpose in mind. Each person has an expectation that I just know will be fulfilled. In the fulness of our time together, God will see to it that each person has their need met.

Did I say I was pumped yet? Did I say I was overjoyed?

What I find even cooler is the feeling like this is the tip of the iceberg. One man said he was very very encouraged to come because we held this course in the tavern rather than the church. While he himself attends church, he invited a whole host of his friends that do not attend. He came in support of his friends, none of whom actually came tonight. So while he may feel discouraged, I see nothing but promise and hope. Mark my words. If we continue to share Gods word in these "neutral" grounds, we will have an impact. If this mans friends dont come this time, maybe next time, maybe the time after that. In the meantime, I see a man with great passion that may very well become an addition to our team.

So here is what we have in store as we move forward. We will reach people, who will reach people, whoo will reach people. Its Gods mathematics. Specifically our Alpha team will grow and evolve. We will see an emergence of great new leaders and helpers. We will see a multiplication of Gods Word and Love that will transform the lives of a great many people. We will see new small groups emerge and a building passion for God. We will see people coming to God for the first time. We will see people coming back to God. We will see people coming to the call of servanthood. We will see dry bones now carrying the breath of life back to their congregations. We will see people either push their current fellowships into a greater passion for God, or we will see them leaving those places insearch of others like themselves. People who are longer willing to be luke warm, selfish or complacent about sharing their faith. Boldness and faithfulness will transect with Gods enourmous love and there will be revival. The barriers that we have put up will fall. The dividing lines will weaken as we take Gods word out of our hiding places. Many people will see the resulting joy. Many people will have friends who become much different. With joy and peace and love these poeple will be like lamps to the many downtrodden, who simply wait for rescue. They will see and they will come and God will wipe away their tears. These things will happen and much more.

So there you have it. Its midnight and I'm going to bed. I hope I can sleep cause I am way too pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God. You have told us time and again how you would give us life in great abundance. Father as we commit ourselves and our time to Your service, would You continue to bless us with Your presence and guidance. Father I lift each and every person up to you. I ask Lord that You will meet them at their point of need. Father forgive me for sounding christianese or for saying cute little catch phrases. Its just that truly Lord Lord, these words reflect the desires of our hearts. So Lord as we try our best to Love You with all our hearts, and as we try to do our very best for your names sake, I ask for your continued compassion, mercy,forgiveness and grace. I know You promised and delivered this in Jesus wonderful name. Help me Oh Lord to live my life based on this realization that you are no longer angry with us. I am free to love You now because I have seen the lengths you have gone and how much you love even me. With gratefulness of heart I will retire to bed. I will fall asleep tonight knowing that you are here, and I will wake tomoorow and face a new day with you by my side. I thank you and I praise you Lord that this is even possible.
In Jesus saving name I pray
amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!