Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, February 20, 2006

Every Journey Begins with a Single Step!

I have a freind that is beginning a journey. It is easy to get discouraged when you look at the big picture. When you stop and consider how far one needs to travel, or how hard the task is at hand, one can get overwhelmed. I know this. My Journey began somewhere around 2000. Here I am 2006 and I'm not even half way! I have chosen to regard the journey as many individual steps. Each step we take, gets us one step closer to the goal. Some steps are easy, while some steps are much harder. When faced with a difficult step, I reflect back saying, thank goodness all the steps are not this hard. Thus the title of my blog. Every day is a new day, which takes us one step closer to tommorrow. The AA and the NA saying is "One Day at a Time". Sometimes thats all we can get the strength to do....and if or when we fail, it is easier to get back up and try again.

I happen to beleive in my friend. I beleive she has what it takes to make the journey. I have faith and confidence in her ability. I know she can achieve her dream. How do I know it? Cause I know her. She is bright and intelligent and knows a thing or two about how to look after herself. She is a survivor and she is an inspiration to me. When She reaches her goal, she will look back and say...WOW that was hard, but I am so much better for it! She will be proud of herself when she looks at what she has accomplished.

I have so many friends that have overcome odds and achieved a goal or a dream. I constantly remind myself this when I hit the brick wall in my own life. I am thankful for all the people who have made the journey and succeeded with their goals.

So here is to my friend. You go girl. You chase your dream. Hunt it down and never let it go. You will make it and you will suceed with flying colours. If you fall, just get back up again. I am reminded of Superchick Lyrics......

Get Up
I'm not afraid to fall
It means I climbed up high
To fall is not to fail
You fail when you don't try
I'm not afraid to fall
I might just learn to fly
And I will spread these wings of mine
If I get up I might fall back down again
So let's get up c'mon
If I get up I might fall back down again
But we get up anyway
If I get up I might fall back down again
So let's get up c'mon
If I get up I might fall back down again
I might fall back down again
But we'll just jump and see
Even if it's the 20th time
We'll just jump and see if we can Fly

1 comment:

  1. evry encouraging word you have given me has been a stepping stone towards my dream

    i love ya too daddio

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!