Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Pie Auction

We had a pot luck dinner and a pie auction today. I ended up with three pies. One pie I gave to a friend, and the other two ended being the best two pies I have ever tasted!

Pie number one: Lemon/Lime made with real friut and cream. Unbeleivable. That pie was the pie bargain of the evening!

Pie number two: Pumpkin pie with whip cream. OMG...best punpkin pie I ever had. The pumkin filling instead of being like goop, it was almost like cake. That my friends was bargain pie number two.

On the other end of the scale, some people payed $100.00 for a Pam N original Apple Pie. Works of art indeed!
The pies were sold to help raise funds for the Mission trip to Mississippi.
I went there with specific instructions from my daughter, to be prepared to buy some pies.

Oh ya, I told this really bad pie joke.
Where do you weigh yourself?: a bathroom weigh scale
Where do you weigh a truck?: a vehicle weigh station
Where do you weigh a pie...............................................

Somewhere, over the rainbow,
weigh a pie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Don!
    It was my pumpkin pie that you enjoyed and I'm so plased you liked it.
    I'll remember it for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We fought over the last piece. Funny how we set aside our Christlikeness when it came down to who was getting the last piece!

    Next pie auction, please tip me off so I can cheat to insure that I get it...ooops there I go again

    These are two of the many reasons I need Jesus!hahahah

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!