Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, February 17, 2006

I Feel Like Such a Turd

I feel like such a turd! I had a 6:00am meeting with Pastor Jake this morning and I missed it. I guess I left him sitting there by himself waiting for me. That is so embarrassing! I feel like a turd. Although I have an excuse, its really just an excuse. My excuse doesnt change the fact that I left him there twiddling his thumbs. When I raced into the restaurant, the waitress told me I missed him by 30 seconds....doh. Jake if you read this I am sorry.

So what did I learn................
1. I need an alarm clock in the house that does not require AC power to operate
2. I need a radio that runs on batteries
3. I need matches readily available and beside candles
4. I need to find my emergency flashlite
5. I need to remember to always have dry firewood beside the fireplace
6. I need to run a bath and leave water in the tub at the suggestion of foul weather
7. I need to reflect on the importance of being on time for meetings
8. I need to learn to show more grace to others

I read a blog yesterday from a Pastor in Florida. He was talking about how difficult and frustrating it was for him to meet with his parisheners. He was talking about the difficulties of providing pastoral care in a world that demands advance notice of meetings. I read that blog yesterday and considered the difficulties faced by our own staff at EVAC. I considered the difficulties of managing an organization based largely on volunteers and private lifestyles.

Well all the pondering DID NOT help me to respect Jakes time. Excuse or not, I feel like a turd.
I especially feel like a turd, because I demand respect for my own time. I get very angry when people dont respect my time. Now as I consider the fact that Jake sat there waiting from 6am to 6:45 I feel shame. I need to remember this occasion next time someone is late for a meeting that I organize.

If you are reading this blog, Jake, I am truly sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!