Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Excellent Week 2 Alpha

So today we had our second week for Alpha at Acton Leathertown Tavern. One person did not return, however one new person came, so our number remains at 12. Dinner was great. We had Caeser salad, spagetti with meat sause and chicken. We got started pretty much on time and kept a good timely pace to the evening and ended smack dab at 9:00pm. This time we broke into 2 small groups. Mike led one group and I led the other. We studyed "Why did Jesus have to die?" We examined sin and how that sin can easily keep us in bondage. We discussed the freedom we gain when confess this sin to God. We understood the fact that all of us fall short of Gods glory. We discussed the wages of sin equalling death, or eternal seperation with God. We discussed the free gift of God in and through Jesus Christ. Ron and I cvhatted for about an hour after word and compared notes. Ron was participating in the other group. He said there discussions went very well. He said that Mike did a great job at his first time leading this type of discussion group. Mike is skilled at leading small groups and bible studys, but Alpha is just a tad bit different. He said afterward that he felt comfortable and rather enjoyed this style of discussion group. Ron and I were both sharing how discussion can be fun as one comment leads to another. You end up going places you never imagined, yet within the context of the topic amizingly valid. We explored the same issues in different ways. Ron said it would be cool to tape each groups discussions, so we could enjoy them too. We laughed. I look forward to next week....and now I look forward to bed.
oh just a quick prayer.
Dear God
Thankyou for this evening.
Thank you that Your presence could be felt.Lord I Thankyou for stirring the hearts of our guests and for the opportunity to share You with them.Lord I thank yuo how they are a blessing to me, and how we are all a blessing to each other. Father I am constantly reminded of the pain and struggles of this world. So, I praise you for the opportunity to forget such things and just enjoy the presence and friendship of these fine people. Father I pray that you will continue care for and protect us, as we learn what it means to love You. In Jesus precious name.amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!