Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sabbath Day of Rest

Well normally I like to have down time on Sunday. I like to go to church in the morning and have a quiet peaceful remander of the day. Well not today. You see I took my sabbath day yeasterday. I did not feel motivated to do the things I was supposed to do on Saturday. I spent most of the day in bed drifting in and out of consciousness. My back was killing me and I just decided that I would rest. It was a wonderful rest..BUT..now here we are on Sunday and I got a ton of stuff to do. I need to get off this stupid computer, get dressed and march my butt to church. Actually I am really looking forward to church today! Due to a labor dispute we've been kicked out of our usual location and are holding service in a cafeteria. I could care less where we have church really. I'd be happy even if we held it in a barn. I know that where we are praising, God will be sure to be there. We can sing, and pray, and talk, and fellowship, and share and learn just about anywhere. I am thankful for that. I'm also thankful for the freedom we have. Not only freedom in a society sense, but also freedom from our own expectations of where we should worship. Hey wouldnt it be cool if we held church in a different place every Sunday. We could worship in the arena, in Rob Roy tavern, the cafeterian, the old public school gym known as main place. I guess we are somewhat limited due to to the size now of our congregation.
Any way, I'm still on this stupid computer and everyone wants to go. We need donuts and coffee. bye for now and enjoy your time with God. I doesnt matter where you worship....just as long as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!