Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, December 18, 2006

Funeral for a Friend

I asked my buddy to keep me informed of funeral plans for his daughter. I came to the office last Thursday from a meeting at around 12 noon, and there was a message for me. The funeral is at 1pm and the wake will be at 3pm. I freaked because Orangeville is about one hour from me and the time was already 12pm! I ran around here like a one armed paper hanger. I made a bee line for O'ville. I got there at about 2pm. Beleiving I missed the funeral I called to the house and there was no answer. I thought I'd be a good friend and buy a veggie platter, fruit tray and a bottle of Irish Cream. Getting no answer at the house, I tried my buddies cell. He answered and I said Where are you? He said "Angels Diner" I so...oh and then are you heading home? He said..No, I have to go to a dentist appointment. I said "dentist appointent? ...this is an odd time to go to the dentist." He said why? I said well uh dont you have your daughters wake? He said NO...That is on Saturday. SATURDAY!!! I told him that I got his message and came as quick as I could...problem is, I was a couple days early. He claimed that he told me Sat on the message, but this was no time to argue. I took my veggies, fruit and Irish Cream and with my tail between my legs, I went home. We had fruit, veggies and Irish Cream for dinner that night.

Well we attended the funeral and it was sad. There were a good number of youth there. They were all in shock and horror. No one saw the signs. It was a difficult funeral. After the funeral Sue and I went to the supermarket and I tried again. Veggie platter, fruit tray and Irish Cream. If at first we do not succeed, then try try again. We went to the house and visited for several hours.

When we left my buddy said......

Hey Don..do me a favour and go home and hug your children. So to all of you who have children or loved ones....please give them a hug and think of my buddy who will not have that opportunity again. He would give anything for just one more hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!