Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sue's Mom Died Last Night - Death of a Matriarch


It brings me great sorrow to tell you that Sues mom died last night in a very bad car accident. I loved my mother in law and this picture is how I will remember her.

Sue and her brothers Peter and Gord were on the first flight out and should be arriving in Phoenix very soon. They will rent a car and drive to see their dad at the trailer park where they have wintered for the last 10 years. We are not sure how long they will stay.

Horst and Cecilia Wiesner left for Phoenix on Sunday Morning.The accident occurred on Monday night. The sun was setting and blinded the driver of the on coming vehicle and he failed to negotiate the turn, hitting Sues mom. Horst in the meantime was waiting back at camp and was worried because she was late. Word quickly traveled about a bad accident just down the road. Sues dad hopped on the ATV and went to the site to find the horrible news. He phoned us from someones cell phone to tell us that things didn’t look very good And that she had just been airlifted out. She was trapped in the vehicle for 1 hour. Opa drove to Phoenix 2 hours away and then called us with the news. Oma died in the air ambulance. Her injuries were too great.

We drove to Gord and Elaines and gathered at midnight and cried and hugged. We came home and I went through the photo album, while Sue bathed and packed. We got An hour of shuteye and then left for the airport.

Sorry for all the ugly details, but its nice for me also to share our tragedy with others.
There is peace and calm amidst our deep sorrow.

I thankyou for your prayers and support. Please pray specifically for Sues dad as he tries to adjust to life without his beloved wife of 52 years. Please pray for Sue and her brothers for strength, courage and compassion. Please pray for the person who was responsible for this.
If they are a decent person, they will carry a guilt and sorrow for the rest of their lives.
I pray that God might heal their wounds as well. If they are not a decent person, I pray that this accident opens their eyes and cause them to call out to God. I pray that He might be there when they call.

I refuse to say that “God brought her home to be with Him” She was a victim of our highways and our way of life. I believe rather, that God grieves with us.
I am reminded of the shortest verse in the bible.....“Jesus wept”
….and I find Him in my tears.



This picture was taken on Sunday Morning. Peter works for Air Canada and he got this great photo. This is the last photo we have. It is a fitting photo.......I love you Oma

dw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!