Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spotted Dick and Other Stuff

Spotted Dick

I received this in the mail today from England. I laughed! The letter said that this item would probably never make it to our shelves, and that it has been the source of some controversy. I read up on it on Wikipedia.

So now I have a conflict. I want to save it, but I want to eat it.
I want to wait and share it, but I want to hoard and eat it myself.
I have shaken it like a present and have determined that whatever is inside of this tin,
I need to have in my tummy.

The letter enclosed suggested that I make a home made version. I am told it is much better. HHHMM, so maybe I selfishly eat this myself and then determine if I should try the home made version. hhhhmmm

Horton Hears a Who is a classic

I remember being read this when I was a kid. I was well acquainted with all the Doctor Seuss books. My favourite was Cat in the Hat and the one about "spots upon thars"...help me out, the name escapes me. What I remember most was the warmth of being read a book. I remember sitting on a knee, or cross legged on the floor as these tails were read to me. I remember now, that I used to read to my own children in the same way. My wife and I subscribed to a childrens book of the month club. We would receive a new book in the mail every month. I still have that collection. I am very fond of some of those books as well. Golly Gum Swallows a Fly, The Lazy Farmer, The Long Nap. Come to think of it, when I went to Bible College, I was asked to Book report on 12 childrens books. Yes I did Cat in the Hat but for the most part I picked up all those books I used to read to my children.

If you have a child or if you are considering having a child I would highly highly recommend taking the time to read to them. Looking back I can see how that time together is lasting and impreshionable. At the time I remember thinking..I dont have time for this. We forced ourselves to MAKE time. That time together is something I will never forget. Not only that, but these cute little books taught lessons that my adult mind needed to hear. These little books taught me life lessons that I had somehow forgotten or overlooked.

Stuff

Thank you for sending me the gift my friend. Thank you for the smile and chuckle, but also the memories. Sorry about the jerk, but also you need to protect yourself from people like that. Many guys will tell you what you want to hear in order to get what they want. Trust me. After the thrill of the catch, they often turn out to be counterfeit. Seek a man who speaks truth. Seek a man that fears God. There is one out there for you. Time is not ticking....its flowing.

ttfn mwa mwa

1 comment:

  1. Re; The 'Spotted Dick"- don't do it Don, it's got raisins in it! Your Mom

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!