Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, April 03, 2008

Why do they do that? So close and yet so far!

Why oh why?
What a senseless waste of perfectly good carbon matter.
How many squirrels must I kill before the foolishness stops?

He almost made it. He even touched the gravel on the other side.Whatever compelled him to turn around and try to make it back to the side he came from and then change his mind once again. I'm behind the wheel yelling...You are clear you're clear...No dont turn back! DOH!

I wonder how many times I am like that with my fear. I remember doing a deep lake dive where I had to dive down about 15 feet, swim through a cave tunnel for 20 feet and then up into a grotto cave the remaining 15 feet. Can I swim 50 feet under water? Absolutely.
So why is it that when I was half way through, that I let my fear cause me to turn around and go back. I spent more energy returning to my place of safety than if I would have just been bold and confident. At least when I returned, someone wasnt there with a machete to cut off my head, or a boat to run me over!

Sorry Mr Squirrell. I will have the benefit of returning to the cave for a "try again". You on the other hand will be crow food.

1 comment:

  1. You know Don, what's odd about this is that my son Matt and I experienced this one day years ago. Driving down Mississauga in the middle of flippin' nowhere, a squirrel started his routine of crossing the road back and forth as we approached. Now Matt and I stopped talking as we watched. The squirrel had our complete attention. We approached and the squirrel was on it's 4th or 5th change of mind. As it happened we flattened the poor thing and drove past...
    There was a moment of silence as we contemplated the event and the feeling of running this little mammal over. Both of us are animal lovers and big outdoor enthusiasts. So the pause was a long one....and then we burst out laughing!
    I'm not sure whether we were mourning the loss or just amazing at the indecision of this animal. But we cried we were laughing so hard!! I suppose we need to ask for forgiveness. Perhaps the squirrel was suicidal. I don't know!!!
    I hope my life is lived a little more decisively .

    It was good to talk to you today- such a long time. By the way, you didn't buy a bus...you bought a stunted bus, a half a bus and it's not yellow or orange so I'm seriously thinking it can't be called a bus. Blessings bro.
    Pete

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!