Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Too Late....I Ate the Cake!


Dylan had a bunch of his friends over the other night for a video game showdown. Everyone had the munchies and I said. Are you hungry enough to eat "spotted dick?" One of the guys had heard about it and the others went eeewwww! Well I heated it up just like the directions said and IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!
I cut that spotted dick up into 8 equal portions. I counted 6 kids. HHHMM someone would have to have 2 pieces!
I mentioned to a new guy at church that I had had spotted dick the night before. He smiled and with a great english accent said: Well then you need to try Sticky Toffee Cake. oh and Marmite.
Anybody tried Marmite? What is it? What does it taste like? It doesnt sound that great. Do you spread it on bangers? Mix it with mushy peas?

3 comments:

  1. Mum here - we ate Marmite for the three years we lived in England. We ate it with everything. I particularily loved it on toast. Then I grew up and got married and years later had the opportunity to introduce it to your Dad. He gagged! I don't know what to say, Which one of us do you take after? I dare you to try it! HAve some Sticky Toffee Cake ready just in case-yum !

    ReplyDelete
  2. marmite is like vegemite only better....gees do i have to send you that as well! Sticky toffee pud is to die for but eat to much and be a lardy-ass so whatch it.

    brenda hottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried vegemite either I've tried to find marmite at the grocery store with no luck. I'll have to dig a little deeper. hhhmm I bet there are some british specialty shops around....yes.. Fergus market has Scottish Shop. I wonder if they would have it? Mom did granny ever talk about marmite?

    I bet I could charm the hottie from across the pond to send me some.HHHMM on second thought, if I took to it, I'd have to open an account at a grocery store in England, oh and buy new cloths to stuff my lardy ass into.

    Oh yes the burning question. Would I gag like dad? No....but I think John would! although I imagine he has probably seen and ate some pretty nasty things by now.

    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!