Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, May 19, 2008

My Church

I have been blessed with an incredible bunch of christian brothers and sisters. We have been called together as a church plant in the heart of downtown Acton. Some members of our young congregation antied up and bought one of the bars in town. We are currently under construction. When construction is complete, the facility will serve our community as a coffee house/meeting place/concert venue. The owners are christian and they have a keen sense of community integration and living out ones faith before others. Our congergation, Crossings is blessed with being able to use this evolving building. This picture was taken in the fall. We have had to change the seating a bit to accomodate a growing number of freinds,families, guests and visitors. We are up to about 50 people per sunday and a few services have been up to 80.

We have been blessed with a growing number of youth. We hired a youth pastor who, with his wife, have really begun to make Christ more visible and our presence known in the community. The youth of the town have been quite receptive to our freindship. Our youth pastor has been organizing open mic cofee house in the facility and numbers have been growing. I am told near 80 kids. We are pleased and proud to have them use the facility. A number of the kids now attend services on sunday. These are wonderful kids, full of hope, promise and talent.

We are trying to be very casual and easy going in our approach at church. We are trying to focus on freindship, fellowship and community. Our service style is contemporary yet orthodox. We celebrate communion every sunday. Every week, a differant person leads communion and we discuss the significance of the sacrement in every day personal terms. Our pastor preaches from the Holy Bible in a theme approach. He is conservative and evangelical in thought. At the end of each series we dedicate a service for individuals to recap and summerize our learning. We have a growing number of musicians and have begun to organize some teams. I lead music worship every other sunday.

Lord God..thank You for calling me to this place. Thank You for the many gifts and talents You have given to us. Lord God, like bones and ligaments, You have built a body of beleivers and lovers of Christ. My we continue to rest in Your favour as we boldly pronounce that You are the reigning King of Acton and that You will bring healing, peace and joy to our community. Thank You Lord for my christian brothers and sisters both here in Acton and all over the world. Lord God bless and keep my sister Hanni as she learns and grows. Bless my friend Brian in Asia and my brother and family in Kyrgystan. Lord God help my mom continue to be a blessing to AVP and to the prisoners to which she ministers. Lord God bless my boss Jim and heal his daughter from sickness. Lord God though I come to You with requests, I am eternally grateful for all that You have already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!