Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, May 22, 2008

at the risk of sounding crazy

At the risk of sounding crazy, in the quiet of my mind I feel like I am a musician in King David’s mighty praise band. I feel a deep sense of musical calling that I would worship God with all my heart, mind and soul. I believe God gave me a gift that I would use in order to glorify Him. I find great satisfaction in that role. I feel a very deep spiritual connection between music and God. I feel like He leads me. I have felt the pain of the Israelites as they were carried to exile, and with no hope, left their instruments and music behind. I have danced naked in the street with a jubilant King David. I have sang from the highest mountaintop and cried in the deepest valley. I have heard the music of a new born babies cry as I looked and saw the face of God and a reason to sing and praise a Mighty King.

I have been losing the feeling in my fingers due to a degenerating disk. The nerve gets pinched and my fingers tingle. I have carpel tunnel syndrome from the same source. So I either experience pain when I play OR I dont feel anything. I must tell you that I far prefer the pain over not feeling my instrument. Its the wierdest thing. I can still play out of habit or familiarity, but not feeling the instrument takes away a big part of the connection. The pain of playing is much easier to cope with. You know they say...no pain no gain. I little bit of pain reminds me of my passion for worship.

Anyway, I didnt really want to talk about the pain. I wanted to talk about the pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Don,
    Nice watch. and this was a tough read. I know how powerful your music is in your life.
    On that note, would you like to do a wedding with me in July at Rockwood. Two young friends of mine are getting married and I am doing the service. the date is Saturday July 19th in the afternoon. They are looking for someone who sings like a rock star angel and I thought of you. Interested? It would be a paying gig.
    Miss you buddy.
    Pete

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!