Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, June 12, 2008

Permission Granted

Well two and a half years ago I began a feasability study of relocating to Northern Ontario. I have been watching and visiting real estate. I've been investigating employment. I've been dreaming of a new way of life. When I announced my desire to my family they were definately NOT in favour. We decided as a family that I would not disrupt the children with their schooling. I promised my daughter that we would stay long enough for her to finish high school. I even gave her permission for a victory lap. I decided that it would be best for me to play nicely and not cause my family too much stress. I have however been persitant and insistant that the time is rapidly approaching. My wife finally agreed that she could handle a move. She told me she would stick with me wherever we go. She asked me not to go TOO FAR North. She vitoed Timmins. She agreed to Sudbury/North Bay. I am pleased with that as North Bay has become my playground and favourite city. After my last visit, my daughter said.........

"OK Daddy. I am ready. If you want to move us to North Bay I can handle it. I will go if thats what you want to do. All I ask is that you find us a place with a weeping willow and a swing."

So......I have a large number of things to acheive before we move and I know I can begin now. I will invest a wad of dough on my old school house to bring it up to standards. I need to make about 50 trips to the dump and perhaps donate a bunch of stuff to charity and garage sales. I need to put in new windows and doors. I need to paint and do a bit of landscaping. I need to talk to my real estate friend. I will unofficially put the place up for sale right away and sell if the right person comes along, otherwise I would be ready for a for an official sale sign probably for next spring. While I would like to go right now, I suspect it is still prudent to allow my darling daughter to finish in the school she has grown up in.

I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. Thats awsome Don It will be exciting, and will give you a clear vision to work toward... Congradulations
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum says "you are returning to your generational roots."

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!