Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, July 31, 2008

Septic System


The septic system at my house was put in about 50 years ago. We have always had trouble with it in the Spring and rainy times. We have had it repaired and augmented yet the trouble remains.
We had a test hole dug and there is lots and lots of clay. In fact, in some areas, the clay starts only a foot down. The brick for my house were actually made from clay on the surrounding property and made and dryed/cured in the feild. Anyway, the result is poor drainage.
The town is about to embark on a county wide inspection of all the septic systems. I am sure to fail. PLus with all the rain we've been having, the trouble has been amplified and it is a little stinky. On top of that, I probably can not sell my house with a faulty septic system. I suppose I could sell AS-IS but was hoping to be able to sell quick without complications.
SO, the engineer report states that I need a Class ? Raised Bed, which includes a pump and shutoff valves and etc etc. Some soil will have to be removed from my yard and then a new raised bed created by bringing in gravel and soil.
Looking on the bright side, I guess I'll be getting around to the landscaping and re seeding of my lawn.
I recon I will be learning a lot more about septic systems in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!