Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, February 02, 2009

My Art Collection - Part One

I love art. I wish I could paint. I enjoy looking at art. I have a few pieces that I have gathered over the years. Most of my art are limited Edition Prints. I have been told that they dont really appreciate in value. Thats OK. I have acquired all my art because I either loved the piece, or loved the artist. I expect my collection to grow because of the appreciation and desires that I have. In the meantime, Let me introduce you to some of my pieces........



This is a watercolor by Gary Chick and it was given to me by my boss. I had taken my daughter out to see the Osprey at Guelph Lake and I recounted our adventure to my boss. He knew a fellow that was interested in Osprey and who had painted this beautiful water color. He bought it for me and it hangs on the wall in my office.

This painting reminds me of freedom. I envision this bird flying as only an Osprey can. I see hunger and intent in his eyes as he spots movement and prepares to execute the perfect kill. These birds are truly magnificent to watch. If you ever want to see them, let me know and I'll tell you about a great little blind that watches over a nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!