Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, March 02, 2009

Ark or a Turtle?

'friendship turtles" © copyright 2009 Patti Rainbow
-
I gave all my turtles away and so I called Patti in a panic….”Patti…I need more turtles!”
My soul sister Patti Rainbow made these turtles for me. Last week when I saw her, she showed me her latest creations. I immediately fell in love with these little “gems”. They come to me at a time when I am interested in Ojibway Cultural studies.

The turtle has cultural significance to the Anishinaabe. I will tell you more as I comprehend (I dont want to do injustice), but what I know is this: North America is Turtle Island and what I think is the Turtle is to the Anishinaabe what Noah’s ark is to me. It appears to be a “type” or symolic representation or example of salvation. There is much more to say and learn about Turtle.

I gave one to a brother and he said….Oh a good luck charm? NO, this is not a good luck charm. This is a craft made by loving and inspired hands. It represents for me, Gods plan of salvation and when I give it away, it represents a gift of friendship. I beleive the real spirit power comes when you turn your eyes to God and thank Him for the ark and the turtle.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for your kind words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Don,

    It is surprising where you will find God in other cultures...

    Read this...
    http://voicelost.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_archive.html

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them. I love you daddio.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!