Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is it Possible?

I have been studying Ojibway creation stories and creation figures. I have been reconcilling in my mind that which I have learned, and what I have always thought to be true. Its a progressive revelation that brings me closer to an understanding of this great mystery of life.

Over the years, I have developed a certain world view and personal theology based on my beleif of God through Jesus Christ. As such, I believe in one God, who is manifested in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I beleive in one singular and almighty God, who, through His glory and power, has made himself visible and known to all nations. I beleive that Jesus Christ was and is God. While I may refer to Jesus Christ personally, I really do believe that he is in fact God. I beleive that the Holy Spirit is God. I beleive the Holy Spirit is our personal connectivity to God. I beleive the Holy Spirit is a gift from God.

Now as I apply my core beleifs with that of the Anishinaabe, I dont see much differance. They beleive in one God the Creator "Gitchee Manitou" the great mystery. They beleive that everything they have come to know and all they are was taught to them by Nanabozho, the very son of Gitchee Manitou. The Holy spirit is in all things created by God.

The only differance I see are the ways and means by which this great mystery has been honored, manifested and documented in our cultures. I have adopted the Judeo Christian world view as that is the culture in which I grew up in. I beleive that if I was born and raised Ojibway, that I would believe and follow these Ojibway teachings with all my heart.

There are many things I need to study. I think I will turn my attention to some of the practices and tenants of faith. I would like to explore various "medicines" and understand better the cultural or world view aspects. I need to better explore the concept of mother earth, medicine wheel and Grandfathers.

I am convinced that as peoples, we have much to learn from each other. I will approach my learning with humility and humbleness. I will appraoch my learning with thankfulness. I will appraoch my learning with an open mind and try to think beyond the compounds of my limited understanding. And yet I will guard the relationship and understanding I have with regards to my salvation through Jesus Christ, for that is the Word of God in me.

Is this possible? I beleive it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!