Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, March 22, 2009

SmileyBoy

Hey! We just got this in the mail. Its a picture and report from our little "SmileyBoy" in Paraguay. This is the cutest little gaffer I ever laid eyes on! Hey he looks a lot like me when I was a kid! Do ya think Mom?

Look at the fresh water marks on his shirt. Someone smothered his face with a face cloth just before his picture was taken...."get over here you little rascal! Smile for the Camera!" And then he pulls off a smile that melts your heart.

There are children like this all over the world. The estimated number of orphans is staggering and mind boggling. It is also shameful.

$35.00 bucks a month sponsers a little child like this at Christian Childrens Fund of Canada.
Thats a buck a day. Not much when you consider the results. We have had the pleasure and blessing to support for 11 years now. When we decided to sponser another child we decided to support my brother instead, as he is doing the same type of work.

So I would like to direct you to my brothers web site actofkindness.blogspot.com. He and His family are in Kyrgysztan right now as I write this. They are providing hope and dignity to forgotten people. They are working with so many orphans and children without families. A donation of any amount would do, either one time or monthly. I prefer monthly off my credit card. Go here and you can make a differance in this world.

1 comment:

  1. SmileyBoy is not an orphan. He has a mother who loves him very much. She just has a hard time making ends meet. Father is no where to be found and provides no support of any type.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!