Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, March 21, 2009

It Warmed my Heart

I stopped in for coffee on the way to work at the Acton Coffee Bar. I was a little later than I usually am, and the chineese lady that serves me was at the table with an elderly gentleman and a newspaper. As someone else served me, I could hear her trying to read. He was reading right along with her and coaxing and correcting her as they read together. She would get frustrated and he would begin the sentance again and she would follow. He would go silent as she read and at the first need of help, he was there. It brought me joy to see a lady trying hard to learn to read English, so that she could be better integrated with her new home. It also brought joy to see and elderly man, take the time to make a differance in someones life. In this act of community building they have brought great joy to each other. And Hey.....I bet he gets free coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!