Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, April 25, 2009

Severe Weather Watch








My wife had I decided to go for a Saturday afternoon nap.

Suddenly we heard great gust of wind and then the smashing of glass. We jumped out of bed to see a dark sky and heavy winds. As we looked out to see what smashed the glass, one of our 100 year old Maples came crashing to the ground. It was a site to behold! When she fell, I started to worry that others may fall as well. Since our house is surrounded by these trees we had reason for concern. concern???? Actually I was scared shitless!

I am sad for the loss of the tree. It was big and beautiful. It provied us shade in the summer, protection in the winter. It was home to birds and squirrels and even Cicaeda's.

I am amazed at the power of the wind and how nature can be uncontainable.

I am thankful that we didnt lose much more. The lawn is a mess, there are branches and items scattered all over the place. I had to remove many branches from the road as cars were hitting them. We lost our power for several hours and watched a number of emergency response vehicles out doing their thing.

The power is back. I had a nice bath. I'm posting this post and then going to bed. We will deal with it all after church tomorrow.

peace

2 comments:

  1. looks like we would have lost our trailer...that's where we parked it the second year isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my friend. You would have lost the trailer! Timing is everything.
    blessings
    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!