Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, April 02, 2009

WOW! What a surprise!


I know how people say that the internet is a scary place. Some people are paranoid about their privacy. I might say they are probably correct in many cases. Yet I have seen and experienced the other side of internet. I have some really neat friends and acquaintances that I met on the internet.
So here is a case in point. This book arrived in my mail. When I opened the book, there was a note. This was sent to me by an internet friend. I am really grateful! In fact I'm tickled pink.
It is a little creepy because I dont remember ever giving my address out. Yet, I know that we live in a world of information and I also know that we can pretty much find out anything we want these days. It feels creepy a bit BUT, I must also say "hats off"! to the inginuity and purposefulness of this gift.
So here is a person that that felt that this book would make a pretty nifty gift by helping me to understand Bible prophesy a little better. They then used the resources at their disposal to find me. I guess it wasnt really hard as I have certainly given enough clues on my blog.
I suppose I decided a long time ago that anonimity was not a concern for me. I have been free and open with many things I say and descriptions I make. I have had freinds call me and chew me out for mentioning their names or posting a picture where they can be seen. While I suppose I need to honor peoples privacy, I also dont see what the fuss is all about. Now granted, I am not a 20 year old gorgeuos female...I'm a 47 year old fat guy. Who would want to harrass me?
Anyway, I wrote this post because I am flattered and grateful.
There was an interesting note which also contained this scripture.

"Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." Thus says the LORD, Who gives the sun for light by day And the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar; The LORD of hosts is His name: "If this fixed order departs From before Me," declares the LORD, "Then the offspring of Israel also will cease From being a nation before Me forever."
(Jeremiah 31:31-36)
I always considered this passage as a"foreshadow" or "fortelling" of the coming of Christ. I always thought that when Christ came, that he became this "new covenant". That would mean that I beleived this prophesy was fulfilled.....Yet somehow there are some loose ends. The prophesy seems incomplete. While I beleive I am correct in understanding that Jesus is the "New Covenant", I now beleive that this passage is referring to His final return.
I am not a very good reader. I have a short attention span. I have a desire for knowledge, yet lack the discipline it takes to truly dig in deep. I find myself often accepting a convenient "truth" perhaps out of laziness, or Perhaps out of fear that I may reject that which I have been taught. Maybe I'm just lazy or maybe I'm just slow to learn. It might sound like I'm beating myself up here and I guess I am......a bit.
I find it astounding how we can all interpret the Bible in differant ways and yet each claim to know the truth. Its quit a challenge to understand the word of God. I will NEVER say that this word of GOD is wrong, or incorrect, or inacurate or falable, or incorrectly documented. NEVER! I beleive that the word of God is 100% accurate. I beleive that it is my understanding that is falable and often incorrect. I am nevertheless excited about this journey of understanding. The concept of progressive revelation not only holds true for me individually, but more importantly, holds true for all of humanity. There will come a time......in the fullness of time.....when all of this will make sense.
Thankyou Double R
dw

2 comments:

  1. HA!!

    You nailed one of my biggest discrepancies right on the head immediately!

    You said...

    "The prophesy seems incomplete. While I beleive I am correct in understanding that Jesus is the "New Covenant", I now beleive that this passage is referring to His final return."

    You may not fully appreciate it yet but this is a huge shift in basic understanding. The one question that runs thru my mind when I read the bible is, has this phrophecy been fully completed or is there a final fulfillment yet to occur? Things will start to look different as you go back and read the bible.

    When I read this book I couldn't help feeling like Nicholas Cage in National Treasure (Ha...appropriate title) when he found Ben Franklin's special glasses that could allow him to see what was already printed. The glasses were a key, a simple tool and not understanding of and by itself. I see this book as a key to being able to read what was already there from the beginning.

    But let me say, always be skeptical of people (like me) and books (like this or any other of the 10 million Christian books for sale in this modern multi-billion dollar "God industry") that offer "understanding". You rightly say you need to be on guard when you said, "I find myself often accepting a convenient "truth" perhaps out of laziness, or perhaps out of fear that I may reject that which I have been taught." But beware of new truths as well. Measure these things against the bible in front of you and the spirit inside you. That's just helpful advise to you and anyone else that reads this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You may not fully appreciate it yet but this is a huge shift in basic understanding."

    Oh my goodness is it ever! It has huge implications!!!

    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!