Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, May 08, 2009

Canadian Hero's - Teme Augama Anishnabai


I post this page in honor of the Teme Augama Anishnabai. In November 1989 they had the courage and honour of standing for the land. Clearcutting threatened the Old Growth Forest and the Teme Augama decided it was time to take a stand. Taking a stand ultimately ended in the arrest of a couple hundred peaceful demonstrators. I tip my hat to these Canadian Heros and I stand in solidarity with their cause.


Someday I too may end up being taken away like this...


What would I be charged with if I chained myself to a tree or gate?

Public mischief?

Tresspassing?

Obstructing justice?

It wont hurt and I will wear it as a badge of honour.....record and all.
read more here.........

1 comment:

  1. that was awesome up there. we rode a canoe a long ways to that protest. I remember the northern lights just like a green dragon blowing green fire. good luck to you all

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!