Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, May 08, 2009

Whats in a Name - Clan McIntyre


I have often pondered about my ancestory. For the most part, my family came to this country many generations ago. Many generations on my moms side and many generations on my dads side. We traced the "Wright" roots to a ship from Scotland in the late 1700's. The ship sailed with many Scots looking for a "new scotland" Nova Scotia.


I did a little reasearch and found that the Wright family name is a sub clan of the McIntyre Clan. The Scottish people organized their families in Clans. I am from Clan McIntyre. I contacted a McIntyre family keeper of the tradition and he called me cousin. Imagine that! I felt a very strong attachment to the clan at that moment. He told me that many McIntyre's left as McIntyre's but arrived arrived to their new homes as "Wrights" He said that many left Scotland and became "Wrights" when they went to England. HHHHMMM. I wonder why?


I have often had dreams where I smell the ocean. Where I smell the Heather and Where I smell the peat. I envision myself with a wool turtle neck sweater, by the way, I hate wool turtle neck sweaters, but I'm wearing one in my dream. I have long white hair and a big white beard. I can smell the sea and the earth that sustains me. Its vivid.


I am proud of my Scottish roots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!