Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My Buddy Barry - Repost From August 2006


This is my buddy Barry. We go way back. He has been a big influence in my life. He has helped me see and appreciate many of the good things I have. With iron willed determination he has overcome many obstacles; Some man made and some dealt to him.
I have watched him bear down and grunt it out with the best of them. He could throw a bale of hay farther than me. He could set up his craft booth as if he was a crew of 10. He never let his handicap stop him from doing anything. Quite remarcable.
Barry has a bunch of electric scooters. I like riding his scooters. Yesterday we went for a ride. I rode Pattys bike, while he drove the scooter. Two madmen I say! We went and got a load of firewood for the camp fire. He rode the scooter back with $14.00 worth of campfire loaded on his lap. What a laugh!
Barry went to University of Guelph and got his degree late in life. He became the handicapped student coordinator. He has a respected position and respected opinion on staff. He mentors and assists about 200 handicapped kids at the university. He works like a madman...the same way he plays.
There is nothing my buddy Barry can't do, oh other than beat me in a foot race. No wait, he'd probably trip me and then run me over with his scooter! He doesnt like to lose.
I was doing some cleanup in my blog and I stumbled on this. It showed as draft only. Somehow I think I accidently blew out some of my blogs. Oh well.
Anyway, I thought I would repost this because I was just fondly reflecting on our past, and quietly enjoying the friendship I have with my buddy Barry. I call him "Strong Man" and he is a rainbow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!