Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quick Sand on the Sturgeon


The water on the Sturgeon River was very high this year. At the height of the spring runoff, the water had risen to near record levels. The river flooded in a few spots and there was certainly a lot of water flowing over Lower Goose Falls. My sense is that after so much turbulance, and water flow, that the sand was left unstable.
.
I took one step toward the river and sunk right to my crotch. My buddy Mike laughed hysterically as he said...hold that pose, I'm getting my camera! I managed to save my boot, but only because it was laced on.
.
I also caught a nice dinner Pickerel shortly after this shot was taken. We then hopped on our bikes and headed back to camp for dinner.....mission accomplished!

2 comments:

  1. did you really eat the fish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pickeral YES!! It was delicious! The trout, well embarrassingly, I couldnt finish it.....I am going to have to acquire a taste, or find a better recipe.
    don

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!