Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Red Road of Peace

The Red Road of Peace

I am on a journey on the Red Road of Peace.
I have been studying Native culture and this has led me on a wonderful journey of discovery and reconciliation. I have taken any opportunity I can to frequent Native establishments. Whenever possible I stop in at smoke shops, gift shops and cultural centers and gas stations. I remember standing in a smoke and craft trailer for about 45 minutes, looking at paintings by Norm Polson while an uninterested friend of mine waited patiently in the car. I went to the Whetung Gallery and cultural center over in Curve Lake and was mesmerized. My mom and I spent a couple of hours immersing ourselves in this beautiful culture.

Something great is happening to me.
I am beginning to feel native.
I am on the Red Road of Peace and I am enjoying the journey.
I have met now so many supportive and loving natives who want simply to be my brother. I am tickled pink now because every time I go to get gas at a native gas shop, I am asked for my card. What an honor! Most cant believe I am not native.
I find that flattering.
That is a great honor to me.

The Red Road of Peace has been extended to me.
I know in my heart that I am accepted.
The Red Road of Peace will lead me onward in a spirit of brotherhood and respect.
It will lead me, hand in hand, with my brothers and sisters to a glorious day of unification.
Chi miigwech to you all and may our paths be truthful, peaceful, and full of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!