Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, June 08, 2009

Theft


I had an Anishinaabe Medicine pouch kinda like this one except it had a turtle on it. I bought it for my ceremonial tobacco. When we were talking with the elder, he had explained the significance of tobacco as a thanksgiving offerring. For example, he asked that when we stop to admire our surroundings, a tree, a view, etc, that we also give thanks to the creator, and show our thanks by leaving a pinch of tobacco. Also, when we attended the Changing of the Seasons Ceremony, each person put a pinch of tobacco in the fire, and prayed. The smoke rising from the fire, goes to the heavens, carrying our prayers with it. Its Kinda like a burnt offerring as done by the Jewish people. It is a sweet fragrance of offerring to the creator. It is a symbolic gift from the heart. Well anyway, I purchased my own pouch, so that I could be prepared for the next ceremony, and so I could honor the elders wish, and also so I could show thanks to the creator in another manner than I am accustommed to. The pouch reminds me of my thankfullness. Some people wear a cross. Some people wear a veil. Some people carry a pouch. All these things we do to remind us of our love for God.
The real purpose of this post is to say, with a certain amount of joy and sorrow, that someone stole my medicine pouch. They reached into my convertable, and took my leather pouch as it was hanging from my mirror. I am sure they thought...look cool...something I can put my keepsakes or dope in.
Who knows where my pouch is now? Well the creator knows. I feel badly for them, because truth be known, if they asked me, I'd just give it to them. Instead of a positive joy situation, they chose to steal. That is a negative soul thing to do. Theft carries with it so much ill. Theft is simply bad medicine. It is deception, untruth, and greed. It poisons the soul. I feel very badly for them.
Lord God I am grateful for Your daily provisions. I pray Lord that You would bless the person who stole my pouch. I ask Lord that You would make yourself known to them. Lord God would you use this pouch as an instrument of Your grace. Would You point them to a correct inner path and give them the strength and courage to become right with You. I pray that this pouch might continue to carry the seeds of thanksgiving. I pray this pouch would continue to stand for the respect and admiration we have for You oh God. Hear my prayer Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your turtle pouch loss. Just a thought. It might be time to get rid of the message to James about the blow...It is bad energy when I look over at that side of your blog page.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!