Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, July 18, 2009

Getting Healthy

.
I have reached the age of 47 and realized that if I am to be healthy, live longer and have better quality of life,I must begin with my own health. I have realized that my warranty is up. There are not many more get out of jail free cards for me. I have begun, however late, to take my health more serious.
.
I gave up smoking and so far, praise God, I have had no strong desire to return. I am avoiding those fast food places. I am watching what I eat more and I am trying to get more exercise. I am trying to fill my mind and thoughts with good medicine as I have learned that attitude plays an important role in my overall health and well being. I am learning to relax and take life a little slower. Gone are the days of mass consumption of beer and I dont miss it.
.
I dont regret where I have been or the things I have done. They are part of who I am. I dont pass judgement on those people who still enjoy these things. They just arnt for me anymore. I have lived an amazing life, vices and all. I have been blessed beyond my own imagination and frankly look forward to the next stage of my life.
.
My son and I have decided to take up biking. Because of my many physical ailments, I need something that would be less impact.....a kinder, gentler exercise. I beleive I have found it in cycling. You are probably glad to hear this Bob. You have been a positive influence on me and have demonstrated joy and passion for living to me.
.
Today, my son and I will bike the Guelph Lake trails. We will set aside time every week where we can bike together. My son is rather high performance and I am an aging fat guy, but I will use this to my benefit. Not only will it help me physically, but also mentally and, emotionally. It will strengthen our relationship.
.
I hope and pray that I have the strength and fortitude to continue on this path, as I know it is vital for my own well being. I hope that in a month, a year, 10 years, I can look back at this as a defining moment in my life.
.
So here's to me and heres to all those people who have helped me reach this point.
.
joy and smiles

1 comment:

  1. With ya dude. I realized this just about 6 months ago. I want to see my kids kids and hopefully be agile enough to play and do things with them. You live in a beautiful place and should try just walking a lot. And since when did you smoke (unless you meant the MJ of course). Many many years since I touched the MJ (in any serious way).

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!