Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, July 18, 2009

Kinder Gentler My Butt!




I thought bicycling would be a kind and gentle exercise. Holy Cow was I wrong! We went on our maiden biking voyage to The GORBA trail at Guelph Lake. GORBA stands for Guelph Off Road Biking Association. Good thing we had mountain bikes with good brakes! I fell off a number of times! We drove over rocks and through mud holes. I thought I was going to kill myself a few times. At one point, going down a treacherous hill, my sunglasses flew off and l promptly ran over them and shattered them in pieces. I cut my leg. My muscles ache.....and I feel great! I had a heck of a time keeping up with my slim and trim 20 yearold. There were even a few trails that we had to leave for another time due to our in experience and my physical condition. I am convinced however that I can do it.

3 comments:

  1. "At one point, going down a treacherous hill, my sunglasses flew off and l promptly ran over them and shattered them in pieces. I cut my leg. My muscles ache.....

    AND I FEEL GREAT!" (?)

    LOL.... Funniest thign I read today so far! Keep it up Don. If you're lucky, maybe you'll break a leg next time...

    Hilarious. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so day two wasn't as rosey. I definately couldnt keep up with my son, who had to take a few solo runs to avoid the boredom of riding with dad. Definately every bone in my body aches. I huffed and puffed but did still manage an hour and a half of intensive exercise. I'm not going to give up, but I am going to rest up for next Saturday at which time I will try it all again. This sport is definately exciting.
    dw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Maybe you can join us on the Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2010!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!