Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Valerian Root - Search for Relief

I am researching Valerian Root as it seems too good to be true. I am on day 3 and I feel great. I have had no urge to smoke. I am a little worried now though because one of the books I am reading says " Valerium should not be taken in strong doses for a long period of time because it can become addictive and may cause other side effects.

When I take the root, it makes me feel warm and pleasant but not in a mind euphoric way. Its more like a body contentment feeling. I was lying in bed thinking...My body feels good. I have had such pain for such a long time. The doc knows about my self medication and has offerred pharmacuticals. I have tried them and they make my skin crawl. I have tried pain meds, relaxation meds, anti inflammitorys. In times of crisis I have had Valium and Codine. A freind gave me some super dupper relaxants. Nothing has worked for me and I dont trust any of it.

I confessed to my previous pastor and my pastor before that about my choice of pain releif and they both suggested I try legal alternatives. I also dont want to be addicted to my pain releif as that is like another form of bondage. My mom has been asking me to stop the self medicating, yet understands why as she too lives throiugh pain. I do beleive in the medicinal power of MJ yet there is the nagging fear that I am addicted and I dont want the stigma associated with it. I can feel though that smoking is taking its toll on me. I am a singer and I want to be physically active, but I fear that my lung capacity is being diminished. Its time to find a new medicine. I want organic.

You are welcome to comment on my secret and my search. Hopefully the truth will set me free.

3 comments:

  1. I happen to be growing valarien , it's a beautiful flower, I have taken this root, as it is a calmative, I was taking it for sleep deprivation. (stinky stuff) and like st john's wart and many others, you should be careful and low dose and not continous.& not mixed with other herbs and or drugs, without finding out compatability. please use with caution. I"m thinkin you may really love my cookies, has been reported to be the best pain killer, but a non functioner, they are medicinal quality, some folks that recieve these will only eat a quarter, so they can function, (happily) so keep this in mind and don't throw away leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. any drug in moderation is aok. if youre addicted to mj or anything else then you need to get it under control. if youre not addicted, then dont let society's hangups and hypocrisies influence your decision. mj has been given a bad rap fueled mostly by the politicians and american propaganda and not by science. all things in moderation

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!