Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Spirit Rock - Part One

I grabbed my paddle, lifejacket and a couple of bottles of water and hiked the trail out to Lake Chee-skon-abikong (Spirit Rock Lake). I was invited to use the canoe by Ojibway Elder and "keeper of the land" Alex Mathias. My intent was to canoe out to Spirit Rock to get pictures and pay my respects.

But, Before I did, I enjoyed a little swim. I try to swim every where I go.

At the other end of the lake, there was a portage, which I hicked. I came across this field of moss. It was quite unique.

Here is a picture of the rocks and water close to Spirit Rock. It was an enchanted place.

Here is Spirit Rock. It is a sacred Native site. There were 2 towers, however one broke and fell down. You can see where the other rock tower was. This site has been used for Vision Quest for hundreds if not thousands of years. I had the good fortune to spend a little time here.

1 comment:

  1. So so cool...wow! Now that's an amazing trip! The perfect time of year too. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of real paradise. I feel renewed!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!