Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lake Obabika Campsite - Home for a Day

After seeing the Pictographs and GrandParents Rock, I was driven up to the campsite. They dropped me off on the rocks. This is a well established campsite and home of the yearly "Change of the Season's Ceremony" IN fact I beleive it is this weekend. If you want to know more, drop me a line or go to Ottertooth.com

Here is a picture of my lonely little pack after being dropped off.

Here is the grand potluck table and the fire pit. This was a perfect home base! I was able to leave my gear here and do some great hiking and boating without being weighed down by belongings.

Just before sundown I had company. Brandon and the ladies came for sunset fishing and fellowship. When it started to get too dark, they split. We caught a few bass and took lots of pics.
I decided that I would probably have a better sleep on the sand vs the rock. I also wanted to distance myself from where I had been cooking, just in case the beare were hungry. I slept in a nice big plastic bag. I used my paddle and some rope to create a little tent. Weather was fabulous and my summer bag was more than plenty. No bugs either. Hotel Don....5 star hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!