Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ricki and the Stone Thunderbird

I hold in my hand, a stone thunderbird. It was carved in soapstone by a fellow named Ricki. Ricki lived on the streets of Toronto. He had a few differant spots he liked to hang out at. He would sit and carve stone. I sat and had lunch with Ricki one time. He asked for money and I told him all I had was lunch in my car. We shared my lunch and talked. Ricki knew God. We talked for hours. I paid him some money to make me a stone carving. A week later, same time same place he gave me this stone thunderbird. I have had it ever since. That was 20 years ago. Ricki did pass away a couple of years later. Life on the streets was hard. Ricki had no real worldly possessions. He does however own a little piece of my memory and I think of him often. Thank You Ricki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!