Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, November 28, 2009

Matts Mind


"Matts Mind" - copyright © don wright 2009

I was asked to paint a small simple painting for a college student who loves canoeing and the outdoors. It is for his dorm to remind him of his love for mother earth. He also wanted it Woodland Style has he has become interested in native art. So I made this for him tonight.

I pray that as he looks at this painting that he be reminded of the great gift that is ours. I pray that it will bring thanksgiving and respect for mother earth. I pray that as he sees the medicine wheel, he be reminded not only of people group unity, but of the great Anishinaabe spirit. I pray that he continues to learn and grow, that he would be continuously attracted to the light and blossom to become a kind, loving and peaceful man on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!