Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Profundity of War – Remembrance Day

My ancestors fought great wars against my wife’s ancestors. My culture dictated that I too would despise these people for the atrocities of these wars. It was a bitterness that kept me from seeing the truth and experiencing true love.

I talk of how God has a plan, and how my wife was chosen for me long ago. God had a plan for us that must have spanned generations as the seeds of our love grew. So how is it that two people, repeatedly at war, could finally realize that we in fact love and need each other?

I have heard the stories from both sides. I have cried with both people. I have hung my head in shame, for the depths of our hatred.Yet, somehow, we all did what we had to do to move the yardstick of love further. Why does it have to be like this?

When I consider the richness of heritage that I have enjoyed, I realize it is a direct result of the pain, anguish, and hatred we endured. Now that my prejudice has been removed, I am able to embrace the wonderful Germanic people. I think of so many great things that the Germanic people have brought to this world. Their pride and their spirit, their profound understanding of deeper arts, like music and literature and cultural things. Their engineering skills. Lets not forget that the best beer comes from Germany and the best white wine, in my humble opinion. Have you ever had German coffee? German Bread? How about the food? Schnitzel? Soup? You haven’t had soup until you’ve had German soup. And Love?...Their love runs deep, real deep and they back it up with faithfulness.

All of these wonderful things have been shown to me. My life has been richly blessed by the very people we fought. Profound really. It all seems so senseless and yet it makes all the sense in the world. I just have to ask myself WHY?

1 comment:

  1. Enigma...Pinot Noir...Thunderbird Flag...Algonquin Park freaks!

    War is Over (if we want it)

    John Lennon

    Without Hamburg would there have even been the Beatles? The Beatles in Hamburg - for the curious.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!