Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Great Spirit of Love


"The Great Spirit of Love" - copyright © susan and don wright 2009


I Spent the mornng and early afternoon joyously frollicking with my bride. Inspired to paint, we started to play with the piece we had started earlier. We have shifted some colours a few times. I seem to be drawn towards orgasmic colour. When I mentioned to coach that I really like yellow he said...yes, I can see. However, you must be careful of yellow. It can be too powerful. I can see that here. The colours just dont seem right yet.......any suggestions?
 
So here is the underlying thought behind this piece. I am seperated from my wife a lot due to work and play. While I am away, I feel a very strong sense that I am still right beside her. I feel that our connection is a spiritual one which is full of love and faithfulness. Its like the path home morphs into a likeness of her in my dreams. My dreams are almost sensual as I and my path embrace her. The two purple feathers celebrate native reverence toward the feather and adherance to respect. The red of love contains these feathers as a sign of reverence out of love vs out of law. The tacky red heart is on the bottom right because its is a love celebration and my spiritual journey begins at this point. God, The Great Spirit is represented as the sun. The source. The background is white but is textured like the petals of a flower.
 
While my wife was painting, I showered her and the work with love and praise. Just because I am not painting, it doesnt mean I'm not part of the art! So I praised every imperfect line and every perfect one too. As she made her lines I praised her beauty and how she was creating a wonderful expression, all in the great Spirit of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!