Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, November 15, 2009

Spirit Gives.........


"Spirit Gives" - copyright © don wright 2009

I promised my childhood friend Mark a Waabaanakwad Original after visiting him last night. Jules...If you are reading this...thanks for the hospitality.

I am inspired by Woodland Shamanistic Art perceptions and Fish. After I finished I thought,,haha this looks more like a Fancy Goldfish. Then I got to think about how the Great Spirit empowers....even the lowly goldfish, granting him supernatural sight, flight and yes...even might......Dont worry.... he wont bite.

Actually, coach suggested I try pieces with less colour. I should try and limit my pallet colours to a few. So in doing this art, I learned a few things.

1. Using the image reverse feature in paintbrush pruduces a neat reverse colour effect and causes the art to appear better than it is.
2. It becomes even more critical to chose the right colour when limiting colour. I should go back and see what Norval did when limiting color.
3. Using markers in my sketch book causes bleed through and ruins not only the sketch on the backside, but several others as well....doh

Hey Mark and Jules. We'll bring the painting in a couple of weeks and I'll try and shy away from painting Goldfish!...I think Mark was thinking more like Mighty Trout. see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!